This podcast discusses the different types of pituitary patients that are most susceptible to COVID-19 infection, how and why Acromegaly and Cushing’s patients are prone to develop diabetes and what these patients should do if faced with a COVID-19 infection.
Dr. Kevin Yuen, medical director of the Barrow Pituitary Center and the Barrow Neuroendocrinology Clinic in Phoenix, Arizona, and Dr. Lewis Blevins Medical Director of the California Center for Pituitary Disorders at UCSF and PWN cofounder to discuss important information for pituitary patients regarding COVID-19.
Listen to the podcast and learn:
- Increased risk of infection of patients with adrenal insufficiency and Cushing’s and how to stress dose if they develop symptoms.
- Why do active Cushing’s syndrome patients need to be aware of the additional treatment steps that are essential to reduce susceptibility to COVID-19.
- What should you do if you suspect infection by COVID-19?
- What steps are needed in case of being quarantined at home?
- Specific signs or symptoms you need to look out for to monitor for progress or deterioration while being quarantined?
- What should you do if you feel you need to seek help.